Saturday, December 7, 2013

Dude, Don't Smoke That Shit . . .

Dude, Don’t Smoke That Shit . . .

. . . Vaporize and Eat More of Your Meds


Hi, my real name is Dennis Ray Davis, but some of my family members call me “Dennis . . . Smoke that Shit!” That’s because I wake up and start smoking my medical marijuana before anyone else is awake, and I continue to smoke throughout the day 10 -15 times a day until at night I smoke my last bowl of heavy duty an Indica  like Louis XIII to help me sleep. You see, I inherited degenerative spine disease from my mother, and that along with carpal tunnel syndrome surgery in both hands gives me a case of non-stop pain day and night.

“Why don’t you try xyz pain pill?” I can hear my readers asking me now. I have prescriptions for many of them – hydrocodone, oxycontinUltram (tramadol)Vicodin, or whatever pain pill I wanted my medical team would provide as I live with insomnia and pain. The problem with all of those medications is I cannot tolerate the long-term side effects of the various drugs. Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen make up Vicodin, and although it reduces the pain, it makes me itch while I am using it, then it makes me mean, depressed, weak and moody the next day. Medical Marijuana has almost no side effects at all for me, if I take it in the correct dose, and vaporize or eat my medicine rather than smoke it. If I only smoke I cough too much.

The biggest problem with smoking medical marijuana as a primary method of obtaining pain relief is one of dosage. The difference between enough THC to block some of the pain and make the person feel better and able to work, and the amount of THC that makes the patient feel “high” and therefore unable to work with a clear mind can vary greatly from using one kind of marijuana as compared to another. For example, patient Susan, a 62 year old former graphic designer with carpal tunnel syndrome, needs heavy indicia at night to sleep, such as one of the O.G. strains. Indicas makes Susan happy, horny, hungry and sleepy, effects that recreational users long for but Susan views as side effects of her daily pain killer. However, one O.G. strain of plant might have 9% THC and another 24%. Susan might need to smoke 3 pipes filled with her medicine if she were using one strain of herb vs. another.

The problem Susan encounters is that if she smokes two bowls of medicine XXX, thinking it has about the same strength T.H.C. content has the last medicine she smoked, Susan will get over medicated, and experience the “high” feeling she was trying to avoid. Susan wants controlled pain relief so that she can continue to do her graphic design on the computer. She wants her mind as clear as possible so that she can think about her work, yet with enough of her preferred pain medication to keep the edge off of her aching, constant, throbbing wrists and forearms every time she spends 20 minutes on the computer. Susan coughs all the time from smoking her medicine 5-9 times a day. Many of Susan’s issues with the side effects of smoking her medicine could be resolved by using vaporizers more, and smoking less. However the issue of dosage is better addressed by eating her medicine rather than smoking it. This way Susan can eat a controlled amount of medicine with a known amount of THC/CBD.

Sativa vs Indica

I like to use Sativas or hybrids during the day and Indicas before bed. Sativa strain cannabis are known for a cerebral high, known by many as a “head high”. Sativa subspecies produce a euphoric high, lifting the consumer’s mood and therapeutically relieving stress. Cannabis Sativa helps me to be creative, to write better, to be more cheerful and bubbly. It is really useful for a person dealing with depression. Some of my favorite strains of Cannabis Sativa are Blue Dream, Sour Diesel and Jack Herer.

Cannabis Indica differs from the Sativa subspecies. Indica has lower levels of THC than Sativa, but higher levels of the Cannabinoid CBD. Indica strains relax the muscles and work as general analgesics, helping with sleep. Like Susan, Cannabis Indica makes me feel happy, horny, hungry and sleepy. However, Indica is a much better pain reliever than Sativa, as it is known as a “body high” vs. Sativa which is known as a “head high”. Some of my favorite Indica strains are O.G. Kush, Purple Kush, O.G., Afghan O.G., Blueberry Kush, Chemdawg 4, Louis XIII, Mango and Obama O.G.


Hybrid mixes of Indica / Sativa result in some very fine strains. Girl Scout Cookies is an excellent anxiety and stress reliever, and makes me feel so happy that I cannot stop giggling like a little girl if I smoke too much. I also enjoy AK-47, Fire O.G., Purple Grape Kush, Sour Skunk and Jack Herer.


Keywords: medical marijuana, weed, pot, herb, greens, 420, cannabis, vaporize, pothead, healing herbs, legalize marijuana, smoke shop accessories, weed pipes, deals on marijuana, cheap pot, concentrates, marijuana edibles, Cannabis foods, hash brownies, marijuana brownies, space cakes, cannabis butter

No comments:

Post a Comment