Saturday, December 14, 2013

Growing Cannabis

I shot the this video footage of me trimming my plants
in my Outdoor Growing Area in Long Beach, CA.

My most successful and economical method of growing cannabis is based on potting soil and 5 gallon paint buckets from home depot as the most important elements, other than the plants and seeds themselves and the light to make them grow. I will write several blogs about how to become a cannabis “dirt farmer”, as you will be growing in real soil and not a hydroponic root support system. I use an indoor / outdoor method of growing whenever possible, as it saves huge amounts of money to depend upon the sun for light instead of paying the electric company for it. If you need to be stealthy or hide your weed plants in a closet, this is not the method for you. This method is for growers with a medical marijuana license, or those living in Colorado or Washington where recreational use is legal and you don’t care if someone sees your plants unless they want to steal them.

There are many methods of growing medical cannabis, and many weed farmer “wanta-bees” brag to me that their method is the best. So many hours of sunlight, so many hours of complete darkness, the right chemical as the flower begins to form, etc. So artificial, so fake, but really big nuggets! A professional Cannabis grower recently told me that the distinctive flavors of OG are mostly the result of the chemical fertilizer they are given during the flowering stage. Most of the largest nuggets, the densest bud sold in shops today are with hydroponic methods. An organic substance, often coconut shell shredded, is the medium that the cannabis roots develop in. That is not what you are doing with the “dirt farmer” method.
Sometime in December or January, you will want to take a trip to Home Depot, Lowes, Osh, or a similar home and garden supply. My shopping list will look like this:

12 Five Gallon Paint Buckets, around $3 each, one for each mature plant you want to grow.
4-6 bags of Miracle Gro Potting Mix, around $5 each
Burpee 72-Cell Self-Watering Greenhouse Kit        $20
2 inch pots for growing seeds into young plants    $5
Miracle Gro Perlite $6.99
Grow light - $10 - $500 (I already have mine, but you are going to copy my list)

To prepare the 5 gallon paint buckets to grow plants, you must create drainage holes on the bottom. I normally use a screw driver or knife to poke 5 or 6 holes near the inside edge of the bucket where it is thickest. Poke too close to the center, and the whole plastic bottom will crack, and make the bucket useless. Perlite is an amorphous volcanic glass that has relatively high water content. It makes the soil less heavy, and stores water after the soil is dry. I often put a two inch layer of Perlite in the bottom of my buckets, then add 5 inches of potting soil and mix that up with a stick. I do not add any Perlite to the upper portion of the soil. This will cause the roots of the marijuana to go deep seeking moisture. Fill the 5 gallon paint buckets to within three inches from the top with potting soil, then set them aside until you have plants to put into them.

To get your green garden growing rapidly, I suggest you buy some clones to start with. I normally buy clones that are 2-4 weeks old, and cost $5-$15 each. 

To be as safe as possible from arrest and prosecution, patients and caregivers should stay below the medical marijuana immunity law passed by the California legislature, HS 11362.77, which sets a minimum statewide guideline of 6 mature plants OR 12 immature plants AND up to 8 ounces of processed cannabis flowers. So you can buy up to 12 clones, but you can have no more than 6 in flower at any one time.

Clones will give you a jump start on your garden, but growing from seed is much cheaper if you find the right source for seeds. As I am smoking a strain that I like, when I find a seed I put it in my seed container, to sprout later. If you plan to buy seed, feminized seeds are bred to contain no male chromosomes, which ensure that every plant grown from a feminized seed will flower as a female and produce buds. If you want to avoid the learning process of identifying and removing your male marijuana plants, then feminized seed is a good choice. Priced at about $5-$10 a seed, you get a woman every time.

If you follow Doctor Smoke That Shit’s method of growing cannabis, you will take advantage of the summer sunshine. With a 4-6 months average maturity time, I try to have most of my plants at least 6-10 inches tall at the beginning of May. Then they will have the long, hot days of summer to produce big flowers. This will save you the money of keeping artificial light on the plants 24 / 7. So you need to have all of your growing supplies, seeds, buckets, lights, etc. ready to go by February or March.

My Former Outdoor Growing Area

About two years ago I lived several blocks away from my current ocean view apartment in Long Beach. My last home where I had a large cannabis garden was a few blocks north, where I had a huge back yard the size of a soccer field, all fenced with a 6 foot redwood fence. Right next to my house, I fenced off a 20’ x 30’ area with 8 foot tall bamboo screening material from Home Depot. I drove 2” x 4” wooden fence posts into the ground at each corner, and made a totally private, screened in garden area right next to my house. I would carry my plants in the five gallon paint buckets outside every morning so they would get sun. The ones in flower would be taken to a dark room at night in the house; the ones in vegetative stage would get artificial light all night long in the house. So in the vegetative stage, the plants are getting fresh air and sunlight during the day, and electric light all night long. The ones in flower get 12 hours light, 12 hours dark, but I am not nearly as picky about the 12 hours as many growers. Once the plants start flowering, another hour of dark or light will not change anything.

If your home does not allow for an outdoor growing area, then you will be confined to window light for your “outdoor” light during the day. Not as good, but better than artificial light all the time. Note that the visitors to your home will ask about your house plants if you keep them in the living room, and your neighbors might comment about them as well. If you grow a jungle in the room where you are keeping your indoor cannabis, the other plants may fool the casual observer into thinking that they are house plants as well.

keywords: pot, weed, grow, cannabis, medical marijuana, marijuana plants, clones, marijuana clones, pharmacy, blunts, joints, bud, greens, fire, marijuana consultants, hydroponic


11 comments:

  1. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You. order real weed online

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all those people who are searching for how to grow cannabis should read this blog carefully. I really like the way you have explained all the things. After reading your post it has become easier for me to grow cannabis. Anyhow, I want to share How to Build a Cannabis Website that will increase your weed's sales online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. cannabis nutrient recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic posting! Lots of useful information and inspiration, both of which we all need!Relay appreciate your work. Germinating marijuana and cannabis plants

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading. cannabidiol oil health benefits

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information. cannabidiol benefits

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is the investors contact Email details,_ lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.
    I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..
    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. gelato strain

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only real disadvantage to butane lighters is that they tend to produce a lot of soot and need to be cleaned out often. One type of lighters that is very common is the electric arc lighters. This is basically a smaller version of the traditional wet pipe lighter. to get more info visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most electronic vaporizers are now replaceable and many come with replaceable heads. If you're considering purchasing one, make sure you're buying the best vaporizer available. If you want to get more interesting details about safest cbd vape pens, click here now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This Marijuana has been known to produce the most powerful "high" that can be experienced, and is often compared to the feeling of being high on cocaine or heroin. For more ideal details about sun coloured fruit, pop over to these guys.

    ReplyDelete